The kitchen space is very important because it is where you experiment with food to come up with delicious meals for your family. This space carries so many items and if you are not very organized, you could end up having a mess of a kitchen. The more organized the kitchen is, the easier it will be for you to get anything done. Kitchen remodeling does not only help you get a more organized space, but you will also get stylish and inviting kitchen you will love to work in. A few creative tips may be all you need to transform your kitchen into one of the most elegant spaces in your home.
1. Organize your kitchen items so you do not have any wasted spaces. You can start by storing breakfast foods and ware near your breakfast table if you have any in the kitchen. You should also allocate an area for plastic containers and wraps and this should be near the work surface or countertop to give you an easy time storing leftovers. For dishware and others, let them be near the dishwasher machine so offloading is made easy.
2. When remodeling the kitchen, save on cabinets by going for aftermarket rollout trays, dividers and back of the door racks. You can also choose cubby units and panels to fill those awkward spaces to make them useful without necessarily choosing custom configurations.
3. If you choose to have a kitchen island as part of the remodeling project, make sure that you have a definite function for it. Form should follow function; for instance, if you wish to cook and also eat on the island, then ensure that you have enough space to separate the dining area and the cooktop.
4. Make sure that your plan directs traffic appropriately. This is especially very important for homes that have children popping in and out of the kitchen. Let your cooktop remain out of the traffic areas to prevent spills and burns. As for the refrigerator, let it remain at a place where it is easily accessible to those working in cleanup areas and cooking area as well as passersby who wish to grab something quick.
5. If you are a frequent cook who loves spending time in the kitchen experimenting, then make sure that you allocate more counter space. The counter should ideally be between the sink and the range. You can also incorporate two countertop heights to make baking even for kids easy if they love getting involved in preparing meals.
6. Let all paths in the kitchen be wide enough; 36 inches is good enough. The paths around the cooking area can be wider with at least 42 inches being ideal for one cook kind of kitchen whereas 48 inches is more suitable for a two cook configuration. It is important that you also adjust peninsulas and kitchen islands accordingly.
7. Choose lighter colors if you have a small kitchen because darker color schemes tend to shrink spaces. For the kitchen cabinets, choose softer shades and allow in natural light to expand the small room visually.