You've decided the time is right, for you to relocate, sell your home, and make some change, for any of a number of personal and/ or professional reasons. However, you are not quite certain, whether you should attempt to sell it on your own (known as a FSBO – for sale by owner), use a licensed real estate agent, or use a real estate professional, who is also a REALTOR (R)? You believe perhaps you might save some commission if you do it yourself, but then, you also sacrifice taking advantage of the knowledge, expertise, experience, training, offered by an agent! You aren't quite certain of the difference between what a Realtor (R) is, as opposed to an agent. Those who are Realtors, belong to their national, state and local association, but what is most important to you, have access to greater networking an exposure, by utilizing and sharing your listing information, via the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The reality of selling a house, is the greater the proper sort of exposure, the more qualified buyers view the house, the greater the probability of getting it sold, in the shortest period of time, and at the best possible, available price.
1. Reliable; regulated: All licensed real estate agents are regulated, and must abide by the regulations of their governing state. Realtors must also comply with the ethical requirements of their association. If there is any issue, brokers affiliated with the association, must also answer to the rules and regulations of that group.
2. Ethics; education: Educational requirements are imposed by the state. For example, New York State requires 22.5 hours of continuing education, every two years. There are also ethics requirements set by the state. Larger brokers also offer their agents additional training, and a large amount of exposure and networking opportunities.
3. Attention; associates: A FSBO often lacks enough time, to pay the degree of attention necessary, to insure maximum exposure, and quality views. Agents have their efforts enhanced, because their associates will also show the listing, and they will share the commissions, etc.
4. Listening; learning: Experience comes from listening to customers, clients and the thoughts/ feedback from other agents. Quality agents can then use that feedback, to tweak pricing, presentation, staging, etc. Great agents continuously learn, and improve!
5. Trustworthy: Why would anyone go to any agent, they don't trust and consider worthy of that trust?
6. Original; optimum: You want someone who will provide optimum service and value to your needs, concerns and priorities. Stay away from any One size fits all mindset or approach, and seek original solutions and approaches, based on your particular situation and property.
7. Real estate professional: The National Association of Realtors has done numerous studies which indicate that homes sold through Realtors, average a consistently higher selling price, than those which don't. Take advantage of the advantages of having your property shown on Multiple Listing Service, and the many Websites, which are fed from that site!
It's you home, and you can sell it any way you wish! Doesn't it make sense to use a REALTOR, and take advantage of the many advantages?