The bathroom is supposed to be very inviting and serene even though only a few minutes are spent there. You want to feel at your best when using the bathroom and a remodeling project gives you the chance to enhance and make improvements so everyone using the bathroom feels comfortable and relaxed.
Bathroom remodeling should not take that long otherwise you make face inconveniences that are unpleasant. To save time and at the same time get your desired results with the project, it is very important to plan ahead and get a professional contractor to get the job done on time and excellently. Here are a few tips that can help you get it right with your remodeling project.
1. Know the costs beforehand and create a budget for the project. Before creating the budget you should know exactly what you want to change or enhance the bathroom so you can make budget appropriately. Think about bathroom size, material you will use and their quality as well as labor and do your calculations to set a reasonable budget.
2. When planning the bathroom, let the toilet not be the first visible thing once the door is opened. The bathroom may be beautifully finished, but if the toilet is the first thing someone passing by sees when the door is left open, then it won't look as beautiful. Come up with a plan that sets a good mood in the bathroom even for those not using the toilet.
3. Remember to give attention to lighting scheme in the bathroom. A well-lit space is always inviting and pleasant. You can choose decorative ambient and accent lighting to complete your bathroom colors and items. Aim to make users of the bathroom as comfortable as they can be and correct lighting choices can easily lift an otherwise dull cold bathroom.
4. Think about sink height if you plan to make changes to it. The height should basically be suitable enough for you to wash hands and also brush your teeth in the most comfortable position. Think about the rest of your family members when deciding on the height.
5. Consider converting the tub into shower, especially if you are short on space and you do not regularly use the bathtub. A bathtub can be very relaxing but apart from requiring lots of water for each bath, it also takes a huge space in the bathroom. If space is an issue, then a shower will be space saving and cost effective.
6. Choose the right flooring. Bathroom tiles are designed specifically for the wet slippery conditions of the bathroom. Make sure you get the right texture and tile size for your bathroom when remodeling.
7. Be careful with the vanity choices you make. Large sized vanity will interfere with traffic routes in your bathroom whereas small ones will mean you don't have enough countertop space or enough storage. Pick the vanity that best suits the size of your bathroom.